My grandmother cooked green beans with eggs from time to time. In my childhood in Moscow I don’t remember seeing fresh green beans on sale anywhere. Back then for us it was mostly a winter dish of frozen green beans. Later I tried it with fresh green beans and it was great! So here is a very easy and healthy dish you could make in 15 minutes of fresh or frozen green beans with eggs and serve at any season as a vegetable side or as a main vegetarian dish.
Green beans with eggs recipe
[schema type=”recipe” image=”http://russianfood-ie.com/wp-content/uploads/green-beans-eggs3.jpg” author=”Oksana Jeter” pubdate=”2015-07-11″ prepmins=”8″ cookmins=”8″ yield=”2-4″ name=”Green beans with eggs” description=”Green beans with eggs: an easy, quick and healthy dish” ]
- 1 pack fine green beans (280 g / 0.6 lb)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tsp olive oil
- salt, pepper to taste
1. Wash the beans, cut the ends off and cut beans across into 1.5 in / 4 cm pieces.
2. Put the beans into a pot and just cover with boiling water. Add salt and boil for 2 minutes. Drain straight away and put the beans into a frying pan (a wok works just fine). Add the olive oil and mix well so all the beans are coated.
If you are cooking frozen beans, thaw them out in advance. Drain extra liquid and go directly to the point 3 below.
3. Fry on a medium hit for about 2 minutes stirring all the time so that the beans do not burn.
4. Break 2 eggs into the pan and mix with the beans straight away, coating the beans in raw eggs. Fry for another minute or two until all the egg bits are cooked evenly. Turn off the heat, adjust salt and add pepper to taste.
5. Serve hot or warm as a main vegetable dish or as a side. Enjoy!